How Discount Car Insurance Quotes Can Save You Money
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Dec 12, 2011
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
It may be hard for many people to believe, but discount car insurance rates are possible to find. The problem is too many drivers try to go about finding these discounts themselves instead of leaving it to the professionals. When you realize you can gain access to valuable discount car insurance quotes without having to do any of the work, all you have to do is learn a little about car insurance in general and making a choice between discount auto insurance providers is the easy part.
Important Details of Getting Discount Auto Insurance
There are some things that are important to keep in mind when it comes to getting your discount car insurance rates. One of the most important is not to end up settling. Don’t settle for less coverage than you want, but also do not take on more than you can afford. Getting your car insured should give you peace of mind not a headache.
First you should understand the types of discount auto insurance policies available to help determine what you need.
- Liability Insurance – This is the most basic coverage you can get and is the minimum required by every state except New Hampshire. Liability is just enough insurance to cover the other driver in an accident in which you are considered “at fault.” It covers just the basics, and each state has a minimum coverage amount that still offers discount auto insurance rates.
- No Fault Insurance – Some states also require this type of insurance, and with some research you can find discount auto insurance quotes for no fault policies. The purpose of no fault insurance is to have both drivers involved in a collision covered regardless of who is at fault. This helps reduce premium costs because the cost of legal fees is reduced when the need for lawsuits is practically eliminated. This also ensures all parties involved get medical treatment without the need to get approval from an insurance company.
- Collision Insurance – Finding discount auto insurance for a collision policy gets a little trickier but is still possible. Collision covers your car and the other car involved in a collision even if you are at fault. Collision leaves some gaps in coverage because other types of accidents are not covered. Most drivers still need to add comprehensive to make sure their policy covers all that is needed.
- Comprehensive Insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers things that can happen to cars that other types of policies leave out. When getting your discount car insurance quotes, make sure you look for policies that do cover things comprehensive does such as storms, natural disasters, theft and vandalism just to name a few.
When to Look for Discount Car Insurance Quotes
There are many reasons you may be in the market to find discount car insurance rates.
- If you are getting your driver’s license for the first time and need to get an insurance policy in place, you will want to compare rates before making a decision. The same goes when you are getting auto insurance for a first time driver, especially for someone under the age of 25. Getting discounted rates makes a big difference.
- If you have recently purchased a new car and have it financed, you will have to make sure you meet all the insurance requirements needed. This is especially true if the car being financed is brand new and is most likely valued at less than the actual amount of the loan.
- Even if you already have a car insurance policy in place you should be getting discount car insurance quotes at least annually to make sure you are not paying too much. Make it a point each time your current policy is up for renewal to do a “check up” and compare rates. Too often drivers stay with the policy they have because it is more convenient as it is already in place. Getting free discount car insurance quotes for rates is as easy as just filling in your zip code, and you can compare in moments. Don’t spend more than you should when it comes to your auto insurance policy.
If you need to check for discount car insurance rates for any of the reasons above you can get started right away. Take a moment to fill in your zip code and no other personal information is needed to begin. We provide you with your free discount car insurance quotes you need to help you make a choice for your policy needs.