Secret behind Discount Car Insurance
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 13, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the best discount auto insurance is easy, if you know how to go about doing so. The most important tool you can use is a quote comparison to be sure you are getting the best rates possible. There are, however, things you have to keep in mind about your auto insurance coverage. Of course, the type of coverage you want or need will be one of the main factors that determine your rates. There are also numerous things that can help you have discount car insurance.
Common Ways to Get Discount Auto Insurance
Drivers are always looking for ways to save money on car insurance but not always aware of what is available to help get discounts. So, here is an idea of some things that can help you get discount car insurance that you may not have even been aware of:
- Multi-car discount – Obviously if your household has more than one car you should be combining all of these to one policy. This can be especially important if you have a teenage driver in the home. By doing this, you may even get cheap insurance for young drivers.
- Bundle discount – Aside from combining all your cars and drivers to be on one policy, why not also bundle your insurance policies together? Aside from discount car insurance, you could also have your home, renters, boat, motorcycle, mobile home and life insurance under one policy provider. Get a discount and make things easier and less confusing when it comes time to pay the bills.
- Good student discount – Another great way to get cheap insurance for young drivers is to find a policy that offers discounts for students who keep their grades up. Keep in mind completing a driver’s education course in school often helps young drivers get a discount too.
- Long-term policy discount – Getting different quotes from auto insurance providers may mean that you find a new policy provider who has lower rates. This of course makes it difficult to earn that long-term policy discount. However, you may even find that if you discover lower premium rates your current auto insurance carrier may be willing to match those rates. In that case, you can still lower your rates now plus work towards earning the long term policy discount.
- Anti-theft and safety approved discounts – Car insurance policy providers usually extend discounts to drivers who have made an effort to make their vehicle theft-proof and better on safety measures. Getting a car alarm installed or adding antilock brakes to your current vehicle not only helps you personally but helps you save money for discount auto insurance.
What Policy Do You Need?
The type of coverage you need has a great deal of impact on what types of rates you may see. Here are some things to keep in mind when it comes to discount car insurance and your type of policy.
- The state you live in determines the minimum type and amount of insurance you must have to drive legally. Make sure you meet those requirements especially if you have recently moved to a new state.
- If your car is financed, you will also have certain guidelines that must be met. If you fail to do so or drop your insurance completely, the finance company will add coverage that is not cheap by any means. The additional fees you will have to pay at the end of your loan to cover this can tack on months or years to your payments.
- Liability is the minimum most states require. It is in place to basically cover another driver’s automobile and medical costs in the event of an accident in which you are deemed at fault. If your own car is not valued at much, not financed and you have health insurance to cover medical bills you could accrue from a collision, this might be enough policy protection for you.
- Full coverage is the best way most drivers choose to go to get vehicle and medical bills covered for both the at fault and not at fault driver. This is the best options for drivers with no health insurance and who have a car that is financed or valued at enough to make full coverage worthwhile.
Remember the best way to find out what type of rates you could have is to get those free quotes and it all starts with just your zip code. Do not dream of discount auto insurance when you could have it easily.