Auto Discount Insurance for Veterans
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jan 13, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from top car companies please enter your ZIP code above to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Many people are aware of the insurance discounts that are available to members of any branch of the US military, but you may not know that there is also special auto discount insurance for veterans who have been honorably discharged. In fact, if you are a veteran, you may find that you qualify for a savings of as much as 15% or $400 or more each year. You need to shop around to find out which insurance companies offer auto discount insurance for veterans, and you can find some insurers that specialize in insurance products for current and retired members of the United States military.
Why Do Veterans Get Insurance Discounts?
Auto discounts insurance for veterans is offered for a variety of reasons. For one thing, insurers just want to say “thank you” for everything you have done for your country. Also, as a former member of the military, you probably received all kinds of driver training on many different types of military vehicles. Insurers will take note of this and consider you to be a safer driver and less of an insurance risk because of your training. Another reason that you can get these discounts has to do with your training once again. You have been trained to be calm in any situation, have a better sense of responsibility and are more disciplined, and this is what you need to be able to avoid many types of accidents.
Which Insurers Offer Auto Discount Insurance for Veterans?
You will probably find that most insurance companies offer auto discount insurance for veterans. After all, this is the least that they can do for those who have served their country. The discounts may vary, but you will find that you can save anywhere from 5% to 20% on your car insurance rates. If you are eligible for other discounts, you can save even more money.
Other Discounts to Look into
In order to get the best deals on auto discount insurance for veterans, you need to shop around, and find out just how many different discounts you may be eligible for. If you are age 55 or older, you may qualify for a discount as you will be considered to be a long-time, safe driver. Other discounts you need to look into include:
- Safe Driver Discounts – The longer you have had a clean driver’s abstract, the lower your insurance rates are going to be. If you do qualify for one of these discounts, you will find that for every year that your driving record remains clean, your rates will continue to decrease.
- New Vehicle Discounts – If you have a newer model vehicle that has all of the latest safety and anti-theft features, you may be able to get a discount on your insurance. The safer a vehicle is, the easier it is going to be to get auto discount insurance for veterans.
- Good Credit Discounts – While you may not actually get a discount for having good credit, you will be able to get better rates than someone with a poor credit rating. This is a really good incentive to make sure that all of your bills are paid on time and you don’t get behind on anything.
- Multi-Policy Discounts – You more than likely have more than just auto insurance. You can save money by combining your auto, home and life insurance.
- Multi-Car Discounts – If you own more than one vehicle, you will save a lot of money by having one insurance policy to cover all of your vehicles. The exceptions to this rule are if you have motorcycles or RVs, which require separate insurance policies.
Not ALL Veterans Qualify for Insurance Discounts
Just being a veteran is not going to automatically qualify you for insurance discounts. If you have any black marks on your driving record, these are going to be taken into consideration when your rates are being calculated. If you have ever had a drinking and driving conviction, it will make it even more difficult for you to get auto discount insurance for veterans. This is just one more reason not to drink and drive, ever.
It’s Time to Shop around for Quotes
When you are trying to get auto discount insurance for veterans, you need to shop around to make sure that you are being offered the best rates. The only way to really know if you are getting a good deal is to get quotes from different insurance companies. Give us your zip code and we will search our data bases to get you quotes for auto discount insurance for veterans.